Week 1 – Community
Welcome to The Next Learnerspace! We will begin our journey with a shared exploration of community, what unites us, our ideas, and who we are.
Every week, we will publish articles or videos for you to review or discuss and interactions to get us ready for our Zoom meeting. Here is what we have prepared for you this week.
Please complete the following. Share some of the things you like best. This helps us all get to know one another and introduces us to new things. Feel free to leave any of the boxes empty if nothing comes to mind.
From My Doorstep
We would love to know where you are! Please do the following:
- Stand right outside your house.
- In Portrait Mode, take a photograph with your cell phone.
- Pivot 45 and 90 degrees to your left and take one photograph in each.
- Go back to your original position.
- Pivot 45 and 90 degrees to your right and take two more photographs.
- Send the 5 photographs to firstname.lastname@example.org
Results should be something like:
Our Hidden Faces
Instead of the usual introductions, we want to know more about who you are and what each of you cares about.
Please follow these instructions:
- Take a selfie of just your face
- Convert it to Black and White
- Erase either the left or right side of your face – your choice!
- On the missing side of your face, write 5 words that define you as a person.
- Send the finished photograph to email@example.com
The result should look something like this:
Quite a Unique Bridge…
Watch the following short video:
And discuss below: