Week 1 – Community
Welcome to The Next Learnerspace! We will begin our journey with a shared exploration of community, what unites us, our ideas, and who we are.
Every week, we will publish articles or videos, for you to review or discuss, and interactions to get us ready for our Zoom meeting. Here is what we have prepared for you this week.
Please complete the following. Share some of the things you like best. This helps us all get to know one another and introduces us to new things. Feel free to leave any of the boxes empty if nothing comes to mind.
Our Hidden Faces
Instead of the usual introductions, we want to know more about who you are and what each of you cares about.
Please follow these instructions:
- Take a selfie of just your face
- Convert it to Black and White
- Erase either the left or right side of your face – your choice!
- On the missing side of your face, write 5 words that define you as a person.
- Send the finished photograph to firstname.lastname@example.org
The result should look something like this:
Quite a Unique Bridge…
Each week, we will present you with resources to generate a discussion that we will continue in our live Zoom meeting. The goal of this section is to challenge our assumptions, explore different points of view, reflect and think together.
We encourage you to reply to each other´s opinions and ideas (as often as you wish) so that we can engage in an online dialogue and shared reflection.
Please watch the following short video:
Many interesting issues related to community are explicit and implicit in the video. Please discuss the following questions, in no particular order.
- What makes this bridge special or unique?
- If you were asked by this community, if they should continue building this bridge traditionally, or if they should build a “normal” suspension bridge out of steel, what would you tell them? Why?
- Why do you think this bridge has become a popular tourist attraction in Peru?
- What impressed you as you watched this video?
[wpforo item=”topic” id=”17″]